Saturday, September 7, 2013

Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Cookie Dough Frosting

Don't you just love making cookie dough and sneaking a few bites while you make it? Who doesn't love chocolate chip cookie dough straight from the bowl? I know we do! When I was on my weekly search for a sweet treat for Mr. Pickypants, I ran across a brownie recipe that had chocolate chip cookie dough as the frosting. WHAT? I have never, in all my years, thought of cookie dough frosting. When I think of the thousands and thousands of cookies I have made through the years and it has never crossed my mind to make frosting out of it. Well, all I can say is that I am glad I know this bit of important information now.
These brownies were delicious, I mean they were DELICIOUS. I want to make these fudgy brownies again and frost them with just a chocolate frosting so the brownies are the star next time. That's how good these brownies are!
The frosting, what can I saw except YUM ! Were have you been all my life? These brownies are going to be made once a month at least, I'm sure a lot more if Mr. Pickypants has anything to say about it.
Fudge Brownies with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
 Adapted from The Hub of our Home.

Fudge Brownie Batter
1 Cup Butter, melted
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Cups Flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. In a large mixer bowl add the butter and sugars.  Cream together until light and fluffy.  Add the eggs, one at a time and the vanilla.  Mix until well combined.   Add the dry ingredients and mix again until well combined. Spread the batter in a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with just a few crumbs.  Cool completely before frosting.
Cookie Dough Frosting
1/2 Cup Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
5 Tablespoons Milk
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the vanilla and mix well. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time until the frosting is fluffy and spreadable.  Gently stir in the chocolate chips.  Spread on cooled brownies.  Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment