BBQ Beef Pie Pockets adapted from
- 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 half green pepper, chopped
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle BBQ sauce I love Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 cup shredded cheese divided (I use Cheddar or Colby Jack and Monterey Blend)
- 1 box refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crust
- Cook ground beef, onion and green pepper together in a skillet until browned and cooked through. Drain out juices.
- Pour BBQ sauce into pan and stir until ground beef is evenly coated.
- Unroll both sheets of refrigerated pie crust dough. Cut each of the round pie crusts into quarters (or smaller if you want smaller sections)
- On one quarter of pie crust dough, put 1/4 of ground BBQ beef (about 3/4-1 cup.) Then sprinkle on 1/4 cup shredded cheese over top of the beef. Place a second quarter of pie crust dough over the top (make sure it lines up with bottom quarter) and pinch seams to seal off. You can flute the pie crust edges for a prettier look.
- Repeat until you have 4 pie pockets (or more if you cut your pie crusts into smaller sections). Cut about three small slits on the tops of each pie pocket for breathing.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.