Chicken enchiladas in a sour cream sauce
Adapted from Joyful Momma's Kitchen
10 soft flour taco shells
2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I like mine full of chicken)
1 small onion, diced
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
4 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. flour
2 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup sour cream
1 (4 oz) can diced green chillies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan
2. Saute the diced onion in 1 Tablespoon butter until soft.
3. Mix chicken, cooled onion and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
4. In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and the garlic powder and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
5. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
6. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.7. Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
8. Top with cilantro.