Today I made cookies for my honeys, Mr. Pickypants and Taylor. Surfing the Internet I found these luscious looking cookies. I found them at Iheartnaptime. They we all bright and cheerful, just what I needed after a long hectic week and all the snow we got today.
I made three different flavors, grape, strawberry and lime. I used sugar free jello for mine and did not roll my balls in the left over jello as I didn't have any. I did add some food coloring to mine which gave them a vibrant color. They are basically a sugar cookie with jello mixed in. They did taste like grape, strawberry and lime jello.
They were a little bit of work, mixing the different flavored jellos into the cookie dough, but nothing I couldn't handle. I LOVE the end results. I LOVE the colors. Who has ever eaten a purple cookie before that tasted like grape jello.....Well, me. I ate two. And a green cookie that tastes like lime. YUMMY
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 cups salted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 (3 oz) pkg jello You can use any flavors you want
- Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
- Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.