Thursday, April 7, 2011

Ribbon Cake


I love the look of this cake. 
I have been wanting to try this frosting technique for a long time,
 but never had the nerve. 
It looked hard. 
Really hard.
Really hard and intimidating. 


But so pretty.



OK, what's the worse that could happen?? 
I try my best and if it doesn't turn out, I just don't post it !! 
Soooo, with pastry bag in hand, I piped my heart out. 
And then I piped some more. 
I thought piping ribbons would be hard, but it's really not.
I think it looks pretty darn good. 


Just look at those three luscious layers.
The cake is made with Devil's food and frosted with swiss almond butter cream.
I tinted the frosting pink to go with all those girly ribbons !!


15 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I can't believe it's your first time doing this frosting. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad to see that you've linked up to "Made it on Monday"..

    And this cake looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! You did a great job! I would be intimidated too, it looks pretty difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowowowo, gorgeous , the ruffles look pretty , what tip did u use ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used a small leaf tip. The cake was small, only 6 inches round. Thank you for the great comments !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to make this cake too. I saw it on Bakerella's site and it looked so pretty!!! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful. I saw something similar on I am baker's website but was too intimidated to try it:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Toni,
    This is a beautiful cake. You really did a great job of decorating that cake. It really looks delicious. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cake is beautiful! Love the look as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your success! It's beautiful! Come oin me for What's On the Menu Wednesday whenever you can.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! This cake is a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great job ! I love this piping technique too and really admire your version. It looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, just wondering where I could get the reciepe from to make this Fantastic cake?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The recipe for the chocolate cake I got from a blog site called Kevin and Amanda. The cake is really super moist and totally the best from scratch I have ever made!!

    ReplyDelete