Friday, March 18, 2011

Kandi's Birthday Cake !!


I made a candy cake for Kandi's birthday party. 


It was Gorgeous.


It was a surprise.


Kandi loves M&M's so I thought about this cake I saw at the grocery store a few weeks ago. 
I look up recipes on the Internet and ran across this one


It really is quit easy to make, but makes such an impact on your guest and the birthday girl.
 Everyone loved it, they couldn't believe it was homemade. 
I even have an order for another one in a few months.


Everyone had a great time, especially these guys !!
(I think it was the moonshine.)


Happy Birthday Kandi :)



M&M Barrel Cake


Here’s What You Need…

- 1 Box Favorite Cake Mix

- 2 Tubs Favorite Cake Frosting

 1 JUMBO size bag of Peanut or Plain M&Ms

- 14 Regular Sized KitKats (I’d buy a couple extra just in case some break, get dropped, etc.)

- Decorative Ribbon



Directions

- Prepare Cake according to box directions in two separate 8 inch round cake pans

- While baking, cut out a cardboard disc to set cake on and cover it in foil or decorative wrapping paper – Make sure the disc is at least an inch larger all the way around than your cake

- Place one baked layer of the cake on the covered cardboard disc and cover it in frosting

Place second layer on top and frost entire cake

Break KitKats into two piece sticks and place side by side around the entire outer edge of the cake

- Fill the top of the cake and KitKat barrel with Peanut or Plain M&Ms – Pile it high!

- Decorate the outside of the KitKat barrel with ribbon and embelishments

Refrigerate cake until time to serve

- Enjoy!





19 comments:

  1. That is such a cute cake, love it!! Keep your creativity flowing, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!!! I want this for my next birthday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. That is an awesome birthday cake! I am saving this for when my kids' birthdays roll around. Thanks for sharing this great idea. I'm stopping by from Potluck Sunday.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE this! So fun!

    Susan www.ugogrrl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! This cake is awesome. What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing. What a great idea. I hope you stop by DIY Home Sweet Home and link up to More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this cake!

    Thanks so much for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS... we are already enjoying a ton of recipes, so make sure to stop back by and see all the different CHOCOLATE recipes! It's gonna be one SWEET week of all CHOCOLATE!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-21-chocolate-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so creative and cool! It would be so fun to eat!

    http://nurturedfamilylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so cool! I love M&Ms, too, so I might be biased - but who wouldn't love this?! I've bookmarked so I can make it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun cake! I think even my adult sons would love this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! I saw this a while ago and was planning on making it for my husband for his birthday this year...then he requested a lemon cake! lol...maybe next year. :-)

    Thanks for linking up! - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a chocolate blast! And what a fun cake! Delicious!This Weeks Craving, Yvette x
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2011/03/24/food-of-the-gods/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love M&M's, they are my favorite candy! I should definitely make this cake, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cute idea! very creative!

    thanks for linking up to mangia mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun cake for a birthday :) I love it. I'm so glad to see that you linked up this week! Thank you so much for sharing this at Recipe Sharing Monday. I hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete