I made a candy cake for Kandi's birthday party.
It was Gorgeous.
It was a surprise.
Kandi loves M&M's so I thought about this cake I saw at the grocery store a few weeks ago.
I look up recipes on the Internet and ran across this one.
It really is quit easy to make, but makes such an impact on your guest and the birthday girl.
Everyone loved it, they couldn't believe it was homemade.
I even have an order for another one in a few months.
Everyone had a great time, especially these guys !!
(I think it was the moonshine.)
Happy Birthday Kandi :)
M&M Barrel Cake
Here’s What You Need…
- 1 Box Favorite Cake Mix
- 2 Tubs Favorite Cake Frosting
1 JUMBO size bag of Peanut or Plain M&Ms
- 14 Regular Sized KitKats (I’d buy a couple extra just in case some break, get dropped, etc.)
- Decorative Ribbon
- Prepare Cake according to box directions in two separate 8 inch round cake pans
- While baking, cut out a cardboard disc to set cake on and cover it in foil or decorative wrapping paper – Make sure the disc is at least an inch larger all the way around than your cake
- Place one baked layer of the cake on the covered cardboard disc and cover it in frosting
Place second layer on top and frost entire cake
Break KitKats into two piece sticks and place side by side around the entire outer edge of the cake
- Fill the top of the cake and KitKat barrel with Peanut or Plain M&Ms – Pile it high!
- Decorate the outside of the KitKat barrel with ribbon and embelishments
Refrigerate cake until time to serve