Since everyone loved the cake balls...er bites and the Oreo truffels, I decided to try the Nutter Butter ones this time. I used Bakerellas recipe again, but I did not follow it exactly. That's just the way I roll. Although they got good reviews, the reviews stated they needed more peanut butter taste. Since I am a peanut butter freak, I decreased the cream cheese by half and added that amount of crunchy peanut butter to the recipe !! Yes, crunchy peanut butter, I told you, I'm a rebel !! I also used the full package of Nutter Butters. They came out really good.
Here is the recipe from Bakerella's site or below with my modifications. I can see what all the buzz is about. Co-workers have been asking for these everyday. I mean it has come to the point that I feel like I am being stalked !! Everywhere I turn someone is asking me to make cake balls, Oreo truffels, etc.... I wonder what is going to happen when I bring these little babies to work. I was smart, I made a double batch !!
Nutter Butter Bites
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken… use cookie with the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened) (I used half cream cheese and half chunky peanut butter)
1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies( I used the whole package) in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Combine with cream cheese (I used half cream cheese and half chunky peanut butter). Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (I put mine in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden up, do not freeze solid or chocolate will crack as it dries.)
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 30 balls.